Have a Question? Ask an Expert
AIRAYA Customer Support
18434 Technology Drive
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Customer Support Desk
Hours of Operation
U.S., Latin America, Canada, Europe
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm PST
Toll free: 1-866-224-7292 x84
Tel: 1-408-776-2846 x207
Enter article # or keyword(s)
WirelessGRID Radios (187 Mbps)
WirelessGRID Firmware Update
WirelessGRID Firmware Update
Periodically, AIRAYA releases firmware updates that fix known issues and enhance the functionality of WirelessGRID bridges. The latest WirelessGRID firmware release is located in the support section of the AIRAYA website.
Please click the Related Information link below to access the main support page which links to product documentation, current firmware, product warranty information, and product registration.
If you are unsure whether you need an upgrade, please contact AIRAYA customer support (email@example.com) and a representative will help you.
Some configuration parameters may be overwritten during the bridge firmware upgrade process. As a safeguard, save a copy of your current settings before performing the upgrade. This will allow you to re-enter your settings if necessary. To document your settings, you can either select the Current Settings tab and copy the screen to a text file or print the screen. You should follow this procedure for each bridge that you plan to upgrade.
– The IP address of FTP server where new firmware is located.
– Authorized User Name for accessing the FTP server.
– Valid Password for accessing the FTP server.
–Path to firmware image on the FTP server. If firmware image is located in the root directory of your FTP server, leave this field empty.
– Filename of firmware image.
–Button to start upload procedure for new firmware.
Follow these steps to update a bridge with new firmware image:
1. Enter the IP Address of your FTP server in the Host Name field.
2. Enter your authorized User Name for accessing the FTP Server in the User Name field.
3. Enter your Password for accessing the FTP Server in the Password field.
4. Enter a valid path to the firmware image on the FTP server in the Image Path field. If firmware image is located in the root directory of your FTP server, leave this field empty.
5. Enter the full filename of the firmware image (xxxxxx.yyy) you are using to update the bridge in the Image Name field.
6. Click on Update Firmware button to load new firmware image into bridge.
7. When the firmware has loaded, a screen will appear with a REBOOT button. Click the button to enable the new firmware.
8. If the REBOOT screen does not appear (sometimes happens with pop-up blockers), cycle power to the bridge to enable the new firmware.
Updated 11/10/05 (Terry)
Ask a question
Toll Free: 1(866) 224-7292 x84, International: 1(408) 776-2846 x207
AIRAYA Ordering Guide - Online
View Warranty Policy
This article has been viewed
© 2017 AIRAYA